Wednesday, January 28, 2015

About this Blog



“Crunchy” is a word we use in California to describe a sort of hippie-environmentalist-liberal. It derives from the similar term “granola.” I describe myself in this blog as a little bit crunchy (and a little bit rock and roll). I work to reduce my carbon footprint, but I know there are millions who work harder than I do. Fortunately, it’s not a competition (or if it is, it’s a very silly competition where we’re all rooting for each other). I know that whatever steps we take will help ourselves, our country, and our planet. If you are daunted by a huge lifestyle change like going vegan or getting rid of your car, that’s no reason to stop yourself from making small changes like Meatless Mondays, Vegan Thursdays, or carpooling.

This blog is the tale of me buying my first home as a single, 36-year-old woman, and how I’m going to create a home in a thoughtful way that balances my values. It will be a little bit crunchy, and a little bit rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment