Thursday, February 5, 2015

This is How Much I Hate Change



This is how much I hate change. I still use the credit union in my college town, even though I haven’t lived there since 2000. For the past 15 years, I’ve been banking exclusively by internet, phone, and ATM, even when I lived on the opposite coast. It’s been inconvenient at times, but there’s only been one time that I had to go into a branch (to sign an auto loan). 

Until tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I have to get a cashier’s check to close escrow. And since I didn’t order it last week, the only way to get it is to leave at 6 am, drive three hours, go to a branch, and drive three hours back. And I’m going to do it.

Even if I wanted to find a new bank, I couldn’t do it in time. And honestly, I love that credit union so much that I won't be looking for a new bank. I do feel bad about wasting the gas, but this is a one-time, unusual occurrence, not a habit. I’ve got books on tape and I love my own company. It will be a nice drive. And I’ll get to see the ocean, albeit only briefly.

Worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment